Conservative County Councillor for St Margaret's & Westgate, Chris Chambers writes:
"It was fantastic to present Lofty Heights with a cheque for £1000 that can go towards purchasing a new van. Lofty Heights provides such a valuable service to the people of Suffolk and I am pleased to support them from my locality budget that I get as a County Councillor.
"Lofty Heights supports individuals, carers and professionals with preparing people for hospital discharge as well as supporting those with dementia. This is a crucial service that I am extremely proud to support."
About Lofty Heights
Lofty Heights receive many calls from people needing their specialist services. Usually for reasons of ill physical or mental health they need Lofty Heights to declutter, deep clean and make their homes safe. Many are unable to pay for their services and there are times that Loft Heights cannot find funding to help them.
These are Suffolk families or individuals living in great distress and danger for reasons including:
- the risk of being made homeless as they are unable to comply with basic tenancy conditions
- having accidents due to the hazardous condition of their home
- the amount of clutter could prevent emergency services from reaching them
- their health and well being is adversely affected
- issues with their neighbours and family or carers
- regular care, cleaning or support may refuse to attend due to the current condition
- stress and social exclusion suffered by the whole family (the most common being that children are simply unable to invite friends to play)
This specialist work can take up to 7 days and costs £350 per day for the Lofty Heights team of trained professionals to work with individuals and families to give people their lives, dignity and independence back.
You could help to transform the lives of families and individuals, giving them a fresh start.
If you can help in anyway, please donate and support the crucial work of Lofty Heights.