We will realise the benefits of Brexit and get our country back on the road to a brighter future by:
- Getting Brexit done by 31st October, with a great new deal for Britain.
- Making sure Britain is prepared for a no deal, as the best way to get a great new deal.
- Making sure people start seeing the £20 billion in new NHS funding in their GP surgeries and local hospitals.
- Hiring 20,000 new police officers and giving them the powers to keep our streets safe.
- Properly funding our schools so that every child gets more guaranteed minimum funding, regardless of where they live.
- Delivering a strong economy to fund the public services we all rely on.
Most of us here in Ipswich actively campaigned for Leave in the Referendum and have not changed our stance since. Both local Conservative Associations, Ipswich / Central Suffolk & North Ipswich are still, and will remain, strong campaigners to ensure the result of the Referendum is enacted.
Just to say 58.3% of Ipswich residents voted to leave the EU. 41.7% voted to remain.
Tom Hunt, the Conservative Candidate for MP at the next general election, says "Your local Labour MP has failed to support the overwhelming majority that voted to leave. I see it as my duty to stand up for what the majority of the people voted for nearly 3 years ago. I continue to energetically hold the current MP to account in his failure to stand up for what the people of Ipswich voted for."
Ian Fisher, Borough Conservative Group Leader, says "We know that many of you are very cross with all the political parties in Westminster but I would encourage you to vote for your Conservative candidate locally- ALL of our candidates support Brexit occurring as soon as possible. With a set of strong Brexit supporting Conservative councillors on Ipswich Borough Council, we will have a stronger mandate to press the government to deliver Brexit promptly."