Town Centre – Time for Action
Labour-run IBC have failed to create the safe & vibrant environment needed for the town to thrive & we have big ideas to make this happen.
Indoor market & entrepreneur hubs with spaces to nurture & showcase local talent
- Car Parking incentives linked to spend with local retailers
- Re-open a Tourist Information Centre & highlight the culture & history of Ipswich
- £8million+ for regenerating empty buildings – funded by the Conservative government
Keeping you safe
- The Conservative government has given funding to IBC as part of the £150 million for The Safer Streets Programme, to areas most affected by crime and anti-social behaviour. The latest round of the fund targets neighbourhood crime, violence against women and girls and anti-social behaviour. We would ensure this money made a real difference.
- We will collaborate with partners to investigate and fund extra visible police presence around the town centre operating on a zero-tolerance basis.
- A Conservative led council will create a safer Town Centre for us all to enjoy including re-instating the Best Bar None project.
Culture & Leisure capital of the East
- Ipswich is proud to host nationally-renowned theatre, dance & music companies with music & theatre venues for mid-sized events & a museum that has been granted a £4million+ lottery grant for improvements – we need more to showcase Ipswich as the place to be in the East.
- A waterfront visitor centre – highlighting our maritime history
- The East of England lacks a multi-use music & sports arena with a large capacity – we will investigate the feasibility for this to be on Princes St – where your Labour council want to build another multi-storey car park
Communities and Sport
- Abolish area committees and give each Councillor a locality budget to make a direct difference to the community they represent.
- Reform the Community Cash Grants application process so that new and smaller community groups have a fairer chance of funding.
- Invest in our neglected Sports Centres and Swimming Pools.
- Reinstate the Crown Pools Crèche
- Promote Borough Services to local businesses to offer employees competitive employee benefits packages.